Wednesday, July 23, 2008

U/W For the Win!

Sorry it's been forever, my english composition summer class has been taking ALL of my magic time :(

I didn't get a photo of my deck because took a second screenshot before I saved the one of my cards =\ I had to take the other shot becuase all of my cards disappeared during the sideboard phase; so if i lost i would have something to report for my troubles.

Anyways, the deck was blue and white, with a liege, a silkbind faerie, a steal of godhead + 2x thistledown duo and 2x repel intruders, the u/w witch, 2x turn to mist and some filler cards. performed very very well, only losing one game in the entire draft. back to back repel intruders vs a 1850 rated player (redcap and b/r liege both countered!) led to his concession and my victory. Man I LOOOOOVE shadowmoor

I'm still under 1800 - my goal is to get up above it before the end of the summer =) not that ratings really matter, but it would be kinda cool to be in the "good player" range ;)

i've noticed the clan is kinda slow, with the lack of posting and stuff. makes me sad, but i realize we all have other obligations than magic :( what do you guys think of eventide? did anyone attend the prerelease? what are cards (commons especially) we should be looking for when we start drafting the set?

4 comments:

Hatter said...

Squest posted quite a bit about his pre-release experience. Alas, I couldn't go, so I'll just have to figure out a lot as I go.

As to activity, it will come and go, that's natural enough. Life happens, and it's also quite natural for things to pick up after a set is released online and die out after it has been out for a while. Having said that we should really try to do so pre-emptive eventide draft articles before it hits online. Maybe I'll look through the spoiler this week and try to put something together to disucss, its good practice for myself, and cheaper than drafting.

It would be nice to have thought things through a bit more than usual when I hit the first draft table.

Howl really was bombish. It's the first time I had used it really. There's not much wrong with hitting 5+ 2'2's. Particularly in a colour with ways to accelerate. I'll be keeping mono or "heavy" green as one of my options for the future.

Hatter said...

Also on the activity front, we have picked up another new member as of yesterday. Magicmoocow. Hope to hearing from on the blog soon!

squest said...

Ok that deck is sick. You got like every U/W bomb in the set. Also, as Hatter said, I posted my prerelease info serveral posts down, check it out. Finally, I love shadowmoor too, and SHM-EVE looks awseome for draft/sealed.

Hatter said...

I just posted a bunch of comments on eventide commons, and it got all formatted badly, so I took it down. I'll repost when I have the energy.